Here in this post, we discuss the overall PegaSystems Interview Questions/Pega system Interview experience . Here in this posts we cover PEGA SYSTEM Interview Experience, PEGA SYSTEM Frequently asked Interview Question 2021 and also some details/guidance so that you can crack PEGA Interview.
ABOUT PEGA SYSTEM
Pega delivers innovative software that crushes business complexity. From increasing customer lifetime value to streamlining service to boosting efficiency, we help the world’s leading brands solve problems fast and transform for tomorrow. Pega clients make better decisions and get work done with real-time AI and intelligent automation. And, since 1983, we’ve built our scalable architecture and low-code platform to stay ahead of rapid change. Our solutions save people time, so our clients’ employees and customers can get back to what matters most.
PEGA SYSTEM ONLINE TEST PATTERN:
Total of 5 rounds.
3 Coding Question
Maximum triangular subsequence (50 marks)
Note:For getting selected, you need to get at least above 150+ marks(depends on vacancy)
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE :
EXCERPTS FROM STUDENT 1
PEGA SYSTEM INTERVIEW ROUNDS :
1st Technical Round:
Introduction, project discussion, 2 coding question(using different approaches -iterative/recursive), later he gave me simple case study and asked me to identify DS to be used and also asked to outline the class diagram.( Case Study : A stadium has different categories of seat, each category have different price and total number of seats.
Total number of categories and its prices can change dynamically depending on match or demand. Develop ticket booking System) Here basically you should explain all the DS you will be using along with concepts of OOPS(Encapsulation, Abstraction, Inheritance, Polymorphism).
Then he asked puzzles, 1: 9 apples and out of which 1 faulty. 2: 2 wires each of 30 min, count 45 min.
2nd Tech + Managerial Round:
Introduction, all project discussion, Case Study(A car can have may slots. Each slot can have a system. System can be anything like music system, indicator etc. After writing structure further he added Car can be of Hyundai, It can have slots of Hyundai also systems can be of Hyundai) after giving my solution he said this is also known as abstract design pattern.
Simple DB questions and 2 puzzles(hourglass and egg drop puzzle with unlimited eggs)
3rd Directorial Round:
how was your day. 1 project discussion, impedance faced, behavioral and situation based question. He then asked me to design user registration and digital wallet features of paytm and also asked how many actors will be present in your UML diagram)
She asked me about my educational and family background. My extra curricular activity. My experience with previous employer. What you know about Pega and why Pega.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE :
EXCERPTS FROM STUDENT 2
PEGA SYSTEM TECHNICAL INTERVIEW ROUNDS :
[Round 1] [Technical Interview]
* Started with an introduction and then I was asked to explain the current project that I’m working on i.e., my MTech final year project.
* Then discussion/questions related to the project.
* Explain multiple inheritance in CPP and why it’s not there in java. Rate me in CPP, java, and python.
* Implement a linked list with functionalities such as insertion and fetching node data from the list by using index only. Implemented using class.
* Explain and code merge sort algorithm.
* For both of these, I had to write proper code and then perform a dry run on some inputs.
* What do I know about deadlocks and what would I do if there’s a deadlock between two processes.
* A puzzle: https://www.glassdoor.co.in/Interview/You-have-10-boxes-of-balls-each-ball-weighing-exactly10-gm-with-one-box-with-defective-balls-each-one-of-the-defective-b-QTN_427785.htm
* Difference between primary key and foreign key
* He asked me to write 2 SQL queries on some tables he had prepared earlier.
* It was for around 1.5 hours (Others had around 50 min)
[Round 2] [Technical + Manegerial]
* This round started with discussions on my projects. I was asked to explain the projects mentioned on my resume.
* There was a deep discussion on the approaches I had used and was asked about the technologies I had used in the project.
* After that, there were few more questions on the project with some variation or constraints given to me.
* He asked me 4-5 situational based questions.
* Why doing Mtech. Why do I want to work in the industry and not do a PhD or anything else? What is different in MTech comparing to my BTech life.
* Explain different sorting algorithms that I have studied and used. Also had to tell which algorithm should be used when. Which algorithm is better and in what context (no of swaps or no of comparisons or time complexity).
* How is quick sort different from other algorithms.
* I had to write code for printing a pattern.
* How to search an element in a 2D matrix if all row and column values are sorted. Just had to explain my logic for this one.
* It was for around 1 hour.
[Round 3] [Director Round]
* This started with my basic introduction.
* If I have 3 types of memory: RAM, SSD and HDD, what is the optimal way to store an OS [Answer: Imagine installing any Linux based OS, we’ll store root and swap partition on SSD since it’s the fastest. HDD is slow and RAM doesn’t have enough memory].
* Then explained my BTech major project and MTech final year project in depth.
* Some situational based questions to test how would I react in tough situations.
* About my BTech life. Why low GPA in BTech. My hobbies.
* It was for around 30 min.
[Round 4] [HR Discussion]
Basic HR stuff. He asked me if I have any questions regarding the company. About relocation. Asked about my family background. It was for around 15 min.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE :
HOW TO PREPARE FOR PEGA SYSTEM INTERVIEW?
- Practice coding mostly on leetcode and used geeksforgeeks for reference. I solved the most asked interview questions on these platforms majorly.
- Solved MCQs (C, Cpp, Java, etc.) and puzzles from geeksforgeeks. I used other platforms like HackerEarth and HackerRank to get familiar with it as many companies conduct their test on these.
- Revised GATE notes for technical subjects. Also, since I had experience with competitive coding (Short contests) and that helped in many tests. For system design, I followed various youtube channels like Gaurav Sen. I studied design patterns from various youtube videos for system design.
NOTE: Prepare your resume wisely, and DON’T LIE on the resume. Every rejection will also teach you many things, so try to see the positive view of it. Everything happens for a reason. You didn’t get that company, maybe because something better is waiting for you.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
SUMMARY OF PEGA SYSTEM INTERVIEW QUESTIONS POST
Above in this post we covered pega system interview questions ,pega system interview experience and also some questions that are asked in pega system. Lastly, we give details on how to prepare for pega system interview.
If you liked our post do check our INTERVIEW SECTION FOR MORE RELATED CONTENT.